Friday, August 17, 2012

Pai Does it Again! - Rosehip Bioregenerate Fruit & Seed Oil Blend Review

Pai has, once again, stolen my heart! I purchased this a few months ago but haven't been using it regularly until recently.  I did a review on their Echium Biorejuvenate Eye Cream back in June, which I'm still loving.  They are a British company, founded by Sarah Brown and the entire line is targeted towards sensitive skin.  Having sensitive skin, I always worry that all the botanicals and essential oils in many natural products will irritate my skin.  I don't have to worry with Pai, Sarah's got it covered.

Claim: Refines appearance of damaged skin and fine lines, has high levels of Trans-Retinoic Acid delivers Pro-Vitamin A to the skin without causing irritation and has the most concentrated Rosehip Oil on the market today.  With regular use, it conditions the skin, improving skin firmness and elasticity.  Clinical studies show Rosehip is effective at improving the appearance of scars, stretch marks, sun damage and fine lines.

This oil comes in a beautiful glass bottle with a dropper.  It smells like rosehip tea and is a bright orange colour (as you can see below).  I enjoy the smell, even though it can be a tad overpowering, I enjoy it.  2 - 3 drops is all you need for your entire face and neck.  It takes a few minutes to absorb into the skin, the scent definitely lingers and my face feels a little greasy at first.  Once absorbed, she's a beauty!  I haven't noticed any stains on my sheets or clothing, I guess if you were to put this on and then rub your face into white sheets there might be some transfer.  I don't know who would do that though..that would be weird.  I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks and chin, thanks hormones!  It's hard to say if, this alone, has faded those scars because I've been using glycolic and lactic acids regularly in combination with this oil.  It leaves my skin hydrated, plump, radiant and all around gorgeous the next morning (I apply it at night only).  It hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin. While this is great right now, Summer, I think this will be even better in the cooler months. I will be repurchasing for sure and highly recommend.

Retails for approx. $35 CAN for 30ml.  For more information, check out www.usa.paiskincare.com.  It can be purchased through www.use.paiskincare.com, www.well.ca, www.freshfaced.ca and www.hipapotheca.com.

Do you love this oil as much I do?




Ingredients: rosa canina (rosehip) seed extract*, rosa canina (rosehip) fruit extract*, mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin e)

*Certified Organic by the Soil Association (Organically produced 99% of product).
Suitable for Vegans. Not tested on animals.

8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely review of the Pai Rosehip oil. I've been lusting after that product for awhile now :) I'm glad it seems to be a hit for you. I do have a question though- what glycolic/lactic acid products have you been using to treat your acne scars? I too deal with sooo much hormonal acne scarring on my cheeks/chin area. I've been looking to get some glycolic products but I have no idea what to get. :)If you have any recommendations, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Off topic-I just checked out your blog and love it! It's so witty and informative.

      Now, glycolic acid. I've been using DeVita (http://ecochicbeautydiva.blogspot.ca/2012/07/devita-high-performance-glycolic-acid.html?m=0) glycolic blend. Hopefully that link works, I'm doing this from my trusty (not so much) phone. It's a really great serum BUT I've been really enjoying my lactic acid from Pure+Simple. I have yet to do a review since I'm still trying it out but lactic acid is much more gentle and it has the ability to lighten. Hope that helps :). Let me know if you end up trying either or finding something else!

      Delete
    2. I'm thrilled you like my blog! Really, thanks so much :D it means a lot.

      I'm kind of tentatively starting out with acids..I mean I'm using Alba Botanica's sea enzyme scrub and that seems to work okay as a scrub but I don't notice the brightening effects at all. I'll definitely check out the DeVita glycolic serum- my skin isn't really sensitive (surprisingly!) so I think I can handle it.

      P.S. I'm really enjoying your blog too! :) I love that you feature a variety of really good brands that I've wanted to check out too!

      Delete
    3. You're very welcome :)

      Definitely try out DeVita then, you could always so a plain yogurt and honey mask for the lightening properties of lactic acid anyway.

      Thank you! I always like hearing that people are enjoying my blog.

      Delete
    4. *do a plain yogurt and honey mask..not so a lol.

      Delete
  2. Great review I have just ordered a bottle of this, it looks like it will last a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're gonna love it. I just finished up the bottle this month and that's only because I used it on my body as well. You'll have to let me know how you like it! Xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...