Friday, July 06, 2012

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask Review

Oh Antipodes, how I am a sucker for you.  This is the most recent Antipodes product that I have tried and if you had a chance to read my review on the Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream, then you will know I am a major sucker for the scent of that cream.  This, to me, smells exactly the same.  I didn't buy it based on scent though, I bought it because I read some great reviews about it and have been eyeing it for the longest time.

Claim: This facial mask features a traditional remedy of New Zealand Maori people, manuka honey, which powerfully draws moisture to your skin to hydrate it intensely. Fragrances of vanilla pod and mandarin linger to bring peace and balance to your aura - meaning you're tending both your skin and your spirit.

But the smell people, the smell! Dear Antipodes, please make a body lotion that smells like this or body mist, I will purchase it!  Ugh..it.just.smells.so.delicious.  Moving on from the smell....
Whenever my skin decided to freak out and produce beautiful acne spots (1 to 1000 of them), I would quickly slather this on and just let it sit for as long as I could.  If I just needed some extra moisture, I did the same thing.   I used it as spot treatment, for acne and dry patches, as well as all over.  It's a solid performer when it comes to reducing redness from acne and acne in general quickly. Thank you manuka honey!  It definitely hydrates WITHOUT making your skin feel greasy.  It actually leaves your skin soothed, hydrated, plump and gorgeous...and the smell...no.. can't talk about the scent again *sigh*....  It comes in a neat little apothecary style tube which was surprisingly easy to squeeze product out from.  The Weleda tubes are a little different, but same concept, and I always have a hard time getting all the product out.  What's great about this product (besides the smell lol) is that it works for all skin types; it has the antibacterial, soothing and hydrating properties of manuka honey that make it wonderful for all!  I will be repurchasing.
Retails for approx. $34 CAN.  Check out http://www.antipodesnature.us for more info.  Can be purchased at www.spaboutique.ca, www.ebeauty.ca, www.hipapotheca.ca, as well as Whole Foods.

Do you adore this product (and it's scent, of course) as much as I do?
I actually thought I had already written a review on this product and threw it out as soon as I finished it, dear not so bright.  This is cropped from my Current Skin Care Routine post
Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water) Manuka Honey, Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Ceteryl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glucono Delta Lactone, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Gluconate, Vinanza Grapeseed Extract, Carrot Oil, Pohutukawa Extract, Vitamin E, Fragrances of Vanilla and Mandarin, Component of Essential Oil: Courmarin, D-Limonene, Linalool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...