Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow Review

While I know Tarte isn't exactly the cleanest or purest brand, I do enjoy a couple of their products.  I have been hunting for a natural (or natural-er) cream shadow to use on it's own or as a base.  I had a gift certificate for Sephora and decided to give this shadow a try. 

Claim: Ideal for creating a soft or smoky look, micronized Amazonian clay intensifies color pigments while working to nourish lids, reduce surface oil, and improve overall texture. Natural carnauba wax acts as a built-in shadow primer to ensure smooth application by softening the skin and increasing hydration.  Doesn't contain:  Parabens,  sulfates,  synthetic fragrances,  petrochemicals,  phthalates, GMOs or triclosan.

I love it.  It applies really nicely (probably because of the dimethicone) with my finger, lasts the whole day with little to no creasing, it actually is waterproof and I'm just loving the colour.  I purchased Seashell Pink which is a shimmering light pink, it's gorgeous for day and night.  It's actually one of the only shadows I own, weird right?  I'm not much for makeup, I like a natural look and just sexy it up with liner, lashes and a bold lip if I'm going out at night.  I am seriously tempted to purchase another colour, as they have 5 shades, but am looking for a more natural alternative.  A natural alternative to this natural alternative, makes sense, you get me! haha.  If you're not ready to make the switch or only shop t Sephora, this is my recommendation. It's a step in the right direction.

I'm open to suggestions, which natural cream shadows should I check out?

Retails for approx. $25 CAN and can be purchased as Sephora.



Ingredients: Isododecane, Mica, Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Squalane, Hydrogentated Polyisobutene, Lecithin, Barium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Trihydroxystearin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...